Please read these official rules carefully.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
Sponsor: SmartWool, a division of VF Outdoor, LLC
Sponsor Mailing Address: 3495 Airport Circle, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487
Where to Enter: Instagram. You must have a valid, public Instagram account.
Synopsis: Take a photo inside the SmartWool gondola at the Steamboat Ski Resort and post it on Instagram using #woolroom and tag @SmartWool for a chance to win SmartWool PhD snow socks.
Start Date: December 1st, 2016 at 12:01am MST
End Date: April 16, 2017 at 11:59pm MST
Number of winners: One (1) per week, total of twenty (20) winners.
Prize: Two (2) pairs of SmartWool PhD snow socks ($50 value). (Total Prize Value: $1000). Odds of Winning: Odds of winning depend on number of entries received.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Eligibility: Sweepstakes open only to legal residents residing in the 50 United States and District of Columbia, 13 years of age or older. Employees of the Steamboat Ski Resort or SmartWool, its parent and affiliates, print production agencies or any other person or company connected with the production or distribution of this Sweepstakes and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such employees, whether or not related, of the foregoing, are not eligible to enter or to be awarded a prize.
3. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on December 1st, 2016 at 12:01am MST and ends on April 16, 2017, at 11:59pm MST.
4. HOW TO ENTER: You must have a valid, public Instagram account. During the Entry Period, take a photo inside the SmartWool gondola at the Steamboat Ski Resort and post it publicly on Instagram using #woolroom and @SmartWool. All entries submitted during an Entry Period must be received by 11:59 pm (MST) on the last date of that Entry Period as set forth above. Entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address or social media account used to submit the entry. “Authorized account holder” means the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, social media provider or other organization. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. No mechanically reproduced entries are permitted. All entries become the property of SmartWool and will not be returned or acknowledged. SmartWool is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate or misdirected entries or entries not received for any reason. One entry is allowed per Sweepstakes entry period. SmartWool is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, garbled or misdirected entries, all of which are void.
Only completed entries with valid email addresses or social media accounts, as applicable, are eligible. All ineligible entries will be disqualified.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Each week, one winner will be selected at random among eligible entries received. Drawing will be conducted by SmartWool every Thursday or Friday during the Entry Period. If a potential winner cannot be reached within five (5) days of attempted notification, the prize will be forfeited and SmartWool shall select an alternate winner. If a potential winner does not confirm his/her address within three (3) days of initial contact, SmartWool may award the prize to an alternate winner. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during any Entry Period.
5. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: The prize is two (2) pair of
SmartWool PhD snow socks ($50 value) selected by SmartWool. Total
value of all prize awarded is approximately $1,000.00.
ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this Sweepstakes or accepting a prize, all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Instagram, SmartWool and its parent, affiliates, and subsidiaries and their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives from any and all liability, claims, losses and damages arising out of their participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder, including, without limitation, all liability for injuries, including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death or disability), property damage, or loss or damage of any other kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from delivery/non-delivery, acceptance, use or misuse of the prize or from participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity.
7. INTERNET: SmartWool is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alternation of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by SmartWool on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If, for any reason, the Internet is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, SmartWool reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. SmartWool reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Caution: any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, SmartWool reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and SmartWool, shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the State of Colorado, without regard to conflicts of law. All suits or claims brought in connection with this Sweepstakes must be brought in a state or federal court in Colorado. No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize, except SmartWool reserves the right to substitute the prize (or a portion thereof) for an item of equal or greater value in the event a prize (or portion thereof) is unavailable. All federal, state, local and provincial laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of SmartWool, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or lack of response by
winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for SmartWool and its affiliates and agencies to use winner's name for advertising and publicity purposes, without further consent or compensation.
9. WINNERS LIST: Send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope (if state law prohibits, postage need not be prepaid) to: SmartWool, Attention: Steamboat Green Gondi Sweepstakes, 3495 Airport Circle, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487. All requests must be received by May 31, 2016. Winner first name and state may be posted on SmartWool.com after the winner has been notified and provided their mailing address.