Last month, we donated a portion of our sock sales online and at select retailers to advocacy groups in order to help preserve and protect the places we love. For the entire month of October, we donated $1 for every sock sold on Smartwool.com to The Nature Conservancy, which helps protect natural landscapes and funds projects designed to revitalize wild places. Why? Because advocacy is one of our core values. Wild places inspire us, offer a place for us to play, and bring our communities together. We believe in doing what we can to protect our environment so that everyone can enjoy it.
Our select retailers made a big impact on their communities as well. For every Smartwool sock purchased in their stores during October, they donated $5 to a local advocacy group of their choice.
If you purchased a pair of socks last month either on Smartwool.com or at one of our select retailers, we want to thank you. You helped give back a total of $28,630!
Giving back is important to us and it feels good too. But it’s not about one day, one week, or one month. We support our advocacy partners year round, and you can too. Find out how you can get involved at any time of the year.
Participating Retailers and Advocacy Groups:
· Smartwool.com: The Nature Conservancy
· Pack Rat in Fayetteville, AR: Mulberry River Society
· Summit Hut in Tucson, AZ: Friends of Ironwood Forest
· Mountain Air in San Luis Obispo, CA: The Land Conservancy of San Luis Obispo
· Summit Canyon in Glenwood Springs, CO: The Nature Conservancy
· Summit Canyon in Grand Junction, CO: The Nature Conservancy
· Mountain Chalet in Colorado Springs, CO: Friends of Mueller State Park
· Denali Old Saybrook in Old Saybrook: The Denali Foundation
· Bill Jackson's in Pinellas Park, FL: Tampa Bay Watch Inc.
· Quest Outdoors in Louisville, KY: Kentucky Land Trust
· Chalet Sports in Bozeman, MT: HDRC-Warming Center
· Midwest Mountaineering in Minneapolis, MN: Mississippi River Gorge Trai
· Appalachian Outfitters in Peninsula, OH: Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park
· Up and Running in Dayton, OH: Local Breast Cancer Foundation
· Appalachian Outfitters in State College, PA: Sierra Club Moshannon Group
· Trail Creek in Glen Mills, PA: Land Conservancy for Southern Chester County
· Half Moon in Charleston, SC: Louie's Kids
· Great Outdoor Store in Sioux Falls, SD: The Banquet
· Whole Earth Provision Co. in Austin, TX: The Nature Conservancy
· Walkabout Outfitter in Lexington, VA: Blue Ridge Land Conversancy
· Outdoor Gear Exchange in Burlington, VT: Vermont Adaptive