Why? Because advocacy is one of our core values. Wild places inspire us, offer a place for us to play, and bring our communities together. We believe in doing what we can to protect our environment so that everyone can enjoy it.
On Smartwool.com, we donated $5 for every sock sold on Smartwool.com to Protect Our Winters, which helps educate people about climate change and create environmentally-positive policy. Our select retailers made a big impact on their communities as well. For every Smartwool® sock purchased in their stores during October, they donated $5 to a local advocacy group of their choice.
If you purchased a pair of socks last month either on Smartwool.com or at one of our select retailers, we want to thank you. You helped give back a total of (waiting confirmation on total)!
Giving back is important to us and it feels good too. But it’s not about one day, one week, or one month. We support our advocacy partners year-round, and you can too. Find out how you can get involved at any time of the year.
Participating Retailers and Advocacy Groups:
· Pack Rat in Fayetteville, AR: Ozark Society
· Summit Hut in Tucson, AZ: Tucson Watershed Management Group
· Mountain Air in San Luis Obispo, CA: Jacks Helping Hand
· Summit Canyon in Glenwood Springs, CO: Big City Mountaineers
· Mountain Chalet in Colorado Springs, CO: Friends of Mueller State Park
· Quest Outdoors in Louisville, KY: Kentucky Natural Lands Trust
· Chalet Sports in Bozeman, MT: The Warming Center
· Trail Creek in Glen Mills, PA: First State National Historic Park
· Great Outdoor Store in Sioux Falls, SD: Leif Ericson Day Camp
· Walkabout Outfitter in Lexington, VA: Blue Ridge Land Conversancy
· Outdoor Gear Exchange in Burlington, VT: Vermont Adaptive
· J & H Landmark in Lexington, KY: Floracliff Nature Sanctuary
· Clear Water Outdoor in Lake Geneva, WI: Ice Age Trail Alliance
· Nokomis Shoes in Minneapolis, MN: Lake Nokomis Community School
· Market Street Shoes in Seattle, WA: Ballard Food Bank
· Idaho Mountain Touring in Boise, ID: Advocates for the West
· Alpine Shop in Kirkwood, MO: St Louis Stray Rescue
· Rove Outfitters in Uncasville, CT: Nature Conservancy in Connecticut
· Out There Outfitters in Wayne, PA: Willistown Conservation Trust